Thread: New to PN forum
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 06:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused New to PN forum

Hi just found this great looking forum tonight - seems like an oasis to me. I am still in mid neurologist visits and just confused and tired of trying to make sense of things, would welcome any suggestions etc

My history is that I had tiredness, pains in my wrist and numbness in feet from summer 07 and my GP said its having 2 young kids (2 and 4) and wear and tear (am 45). June 08 I was in the park and had numbness from knees down both legs to my feet and in my hands, it happened just like that. I could feel but like wearing socks and burning feelings. I was exhausted for a few months and just got thru the day but wanted to sleep the whole time. I can't let the boys sit on my lap anymore as my feet get even number and more painful or if they knock into me it sends jars of discomfort. The tiredness has got much better tho am aware of energy reserves that run out. My wrists 'go' if I pick up heavy bags, right was out for a month in january after lifting one of the boys where it was continually uncomfortable and burning. I had tests for diabetes, thyroid, mri, lyme, b12, kidney, liver, choloestrol, hep c, hiv, ssep nothing so the neuro explained the mind body link at my consultation over xmas(!) - he then did a thermal test and said I had small fibre neuropathy. 2 weeks ago he emailed to say I had anti GQ1B IGG gangliosides which are associated with a rare variant of guillan barre called miller fisher I am confused as I have none of the symptoms I have found on the net eg eye problems or ataxia or areflexia. Does anyone else have something similar please and could you recommend any treatment?
Thank you
lucinda 2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote