View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 09:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I really don't know why lying down would hurt but if the neuro couldn't get much fluid out it sounds like low pressure. But its been my experience that lying down actually helps in that case because it slows down the fluid flow and keeps the brain from sagging. But if the pressure were too high the neuro would probably have an easier time getting fluid out during a tap. If the neuro is right and Morgan isn't adjusting to the pressure(which is totally possible and a problem I've had a few times myself) then he wouldn't be finding a problem with her shunt because there isn't one. Also changing how the shunt is routed could change how the pressure affects her. When my shunt was re-routed in December, my body just wouldn't work with the pressure it had been at before. You might want to see if your neuro works with programmable valves. Thats what I have now. It works so that the neuro doesn't have to do surgery to change the pressure. Its a simple procedure in his/her office where they put a special magnet thing up to her head and it will adjust the pressure.

If you don't mind me asking, what tests have they done on Morgan? CT Scan? Shunt Series? Nuclear Medicine Shuntgram? It's been my experience that the shuntagram finds problems that a normal ct scan and shunt series totally miss. ~Melissa~
Melissa21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote