View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 09:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks..

I have a prescription for Cymbalta. Just have not filed it yet.
I am afraid to. I was on Paxil once and it was a nightmare to get off of, not to mention the amount of weight I gained.
I have tried Lyrica, Tryptophan, ... you name it... nothing has worked.

Right now I am working through throbbing hands and feet, a very very tight chest, shortness of breath and audible wheezing. Does anyone else have this symptom? because I am "labelled" a fibro patient it is near impossible to get any tests or any sort of compassion. How on earth are we to know that EVERY symptom is fibro related??? ...

It just seems like one symptom eases off only to be replaced by another !!

Thank you for taking the time to respond.
I am thinking about getting a hot tub......just for some immediate relief.
I am also thinking of quitting work. -- I have a lot of decisions to make. My health is not getting any better. After I post this I actually am going right straight back to bed. My quality of life just sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_Girl View Post
Hello Piperswife. . . I just found this site today and it is nice to see there are so many people out there dealing with FM. I hate mentioning FM at work becuase I feel that they are just humoring me. By the time I get off work, my hands, arms, shoulders and neck are in so much pain, it hurts to drive.

One thing that has done a lot of good for me was anti-depressants. After the doc dx me, he sent me to a neurologist for confirmation. The neurologist prescribed the anti-depressant. Reading what you have written, sounds like it would be a good start. The anti-depressants also have a nerve blocker in them that assists with the pain. When I worked a consistant schedule, it was like I was a new person.

Also, instead of blankets from the dryer, get you an electric blanket (and an electric wrap for the couch). On days when I hurt real bad, I turn my blanket on high about 15 minutes before I go to bed. When I climb in and feel the heat all around me, my body starts to relax and unknot.
piperswife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote