Thread: Pain!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 08:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation Sorry....rant coming!

Oh Sim I have missed you!
That is exactly what is happening to me. He juices me up twice a month with Depo-Medrol which is like a band-aid on a small piece of pain when my entire body is dying. For the first time since I have seen him which was a year in September, I have asked for this kind of help. And he gives me 7 days of oral steroids, which I am not sure will do anything right now. I have had 2 ESIs, 2 facet injections and one radio frequency ablation. Basically everything short of surgery. None of which has worked.
The ONLY meds he has prescribed for me are Lidoderm patches, baclofen, trazodone and now the medrol pak. He has in the past tried mexitil, which again didn't work. Everything just a band-aid he is doing. I feel that he is milking the system for money. Since I am on Medicare, he can string me along for as long as I let it happen.
Today has made me realize that he can do no more for me than he has already done. And won't do anymore. He made that perfectly clear on that account today.
What do I do??? Where do I go from here?
I know my pcp is uncomfortable with giving pain meds and usually refers me to my rheumy, who is in the same practice. Who also won't do pain meds. Living where I do, near a city where some of the best health care in the world is to be had, I can't get a doctor to help me!!!!! I am at a loss.
I have done everything they have asked of me. Did physical therapy twice in a year. Done a Functional Capacity Evaluation to show that I am unable to function at a "normal" level. Gone through immensely painful procedures to get a glimpse of a possibility of help with my pain. I don't complain. I never call the doctor's office and be a nuisance. I am kind, friendly and never skip an appointment.
All I want is to live in a resonably comfortable existance physically. I would like to function somewhat normally. Geez, listen to me....I would like this, I would like that.....I guess it is not meant to be. I am being forced to live in pain at levels that most people would go to the hospital or stay home from work for. They get the attention and medication they need. While I and some of you are here in pain crying for help. We can't even take an ibuprofen without getting a slap on the wrist for doing so. Some side effect or whatnot.
Okay getting off now! I don't feel better but at least I got it out!

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote