View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 08:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

((((((Judy)))))),

The numbness in the outer two fingers and the outside of your hand sounds like the C8 dermatome. Could be a problem with disc compression in your back just at the beginning of the thoracic area.

It could be thoracic outlet syndrome (http://www.nismat.org/ptcor/thoracic_outlet/. There's a whole forum here for that http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

The feet and the jaw numbness indicate something else going on though. What are they thinking -- MS?? I have numb feet and hands with MGUS (monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance) which may or may not be a precursor to multiple myeloma, a bone marrow cancer.

Why are you taking so much prednisone??

Judy, I know how hard it is to wait (when you KNOW something is not right). I went through all that waiting for the diagnosis of the MGUS -- only to get diagnosed with something that has the words 'unknown significance' in its name

The thing is, Judy. Whatever *IT* is. You have it now. You'll have it in six weeks (unless it goes away -- which is what I'm praying for). The difference between now and six weeks is that you'll have a name for *IT* (MAYBE).

What you need to do:

This is based on my own history. And remembering how many incompetent, insensitive doctors I had to deal with during that period. I also have to get a blood test every 6 months that will tell me whether or not I have moved closer to the multiple myeloma diagnosis. Waiting for those test results every six months used to be horrendous. Now it's not. I don't even bother calling for the results anymore. I get them on my next visit.

Well .. what you need to do. Define what you are so afraid of so that you can talk about it with your doctors and with your family and friends.

Make a plan for how you are going to start NOW with taking better care of your SELF. Better nutrition. Better rest. Better relaxation techniques. What can you add to your life NOW that will make your life in six weeks BETTER??

BIG HUGS. Talk about and write about what's bothering you -- it makes the time go faster. There's tons of us who have way too much experience waiting for either diagnoses or waiting for test results -- we can help you through this.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote