View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 09:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I have meralgia paresthetica, Need help

Hi,
This is my first post on here. I came across this website while looking for a nature way to relieve the effects of meralgia paresthetica. Everyone seemed to be very nice and caring on here and able to give lots of advice. I have not been diagnosed by a doctor yet because I have been out of the country and don't have my insurance yet but I have done my research and am 100% positive this is what I have. The leg started becoming numb around 6 years ago. I am only 23. Then I went to the chiropractor for the first time in August for an adjustment on my neck and shortly after that the numbness started to increase and spread on the outer part of my thigh. Now within 4 months my leg has become severely painful with burning and shooting pains in my leg. I am going to go to the doctor when I have insurance but wondered if I could find anyone who has this problem as well to tell me if there is anything I can do to help with the pain. I am an active person and play softball and go to the gym and walk/run at night. I am finding that is starting to become impossible with this pain. The slightest touch sometimes brings me to tears. If anyone has any advice on something I can do at home to treat this or what I am in store for as far as treatment I would really appreciate it. I think this happened after a minor accident where I was rear-ended about the time this whole numbness started. I didn't go to the hospital after the accident and my car didn't even have any damage and I never thought that 6 years later I would have something this severe. It may not have been this accident but that is the only traumatic thing that happened to me about the time this started. Please help if possible. Thank you. Tara-
taramarina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote