View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 08:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
I know we talked about this before but I couldn't find the thread.

Do you think itching is from the RSD, I'm on no meds execpt my Prevacid and a new one my Dr. just put me on for my stomach. I am having such a time with itching and I can't figure out what I might be itching from.

Breakouts, I see my Dermotogist on the 24th again due to some places on my face that just keep coming back. He gives me shots and he cleared them up for awhile but they come back in the same place. He says they are pre-cancerous, I don't know. It's just frustrating.

I'm getting ready to change laundry detergents and I was wondering if you had any ideals on one.

I also take Allegra D for allergies but it doesn't help.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ada
Hello Ada,

I haven't got any experience with break outs.

However, I have trouble with itching. Anywere pressure is applied when it is released I will itch like crazy. It started two years ago. My PM had me taking benedrial (spelling) until I could get into see an allergiest. I have been taking 4mg twice sometimes 3 times a day if needed of periactin. There is a small part of the brain that controls itching. In my boby, because of my RSD the nerves that respond to that part of the brain for itching keep itching even though there is no reason to itch. Once I started the periactin I got it under control. Sometimes when I am flaired I will have break through itching so I take an extra pill (approved by my doc).

The itching can drive you crazy it's like having poison ivy all over you body.

I hope this helps!!
Take care,
Sherrie
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote