Thread: RRMS or PPMS?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 09:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default RRMS or PPMS?

Just wondering if there is an obvious way to tell what type of MS I have? My neuro did not say what type it was when I was diagnosed, and when I saw the MS nurse and asked, she said probably RRMS but wasn’t sure.

Some will say it is not really important, but for me it may help with some decisions I have to make (particularly regarding work); because if it is RRMS there is a chance I could stay as I am for years. My first symptoms came on suddenly (mainly my eyes, hands and arms), but with hindsight I have had cognitive/memory problems for years, plus fatigue was building slowly. Since my spinal cord lesion, I was treated with steroids which helped a little but not much, and now it seems like I am getting slowly worse - my balance is getting worse, calves feel tight and painful, upper body getting tighter. I know some of this has to do with fibro and I’m getting to confused which is which.

Any obvious way to differentiate them? I think I’m just freaking out about my 6 month MRI coming up April 27th. I’m so afraid that the C is not working and I have to start all over again.

HAPPY EASTER!
Thumper2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (04-12-2009)