Old 04-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by braingonebad View Post
Lol... i recall her saying they were all covered up for one case wearing hair nets etc and still they knew they were going to smell after that. I think that body had been sitting somewhere decaying for some time. And she said how nobody wanted them around at lunch time.

The smell follows you.

That's bad stink when it clings to ya.
When I was in college, we had human gross anatomy, with cadavers and slides. It was pretty rough. No air conditioning either! (this was in the old med building, which no longer exists).

After class (which was 4hrs twice a week for lab and 4 1hr lectures/each week) I'd break for lunch and walk back to the dorm. NO ONE would stand near me! In fact you get used to the smell, but it lingers on you... your hair, shoes etc. None of us figured out to have a spare set of clothes, and we had no lockers even, until at least the 2nd week. We also had human bones in a box to take home and study. This rather freaked out my friends on my floor.
For those of you who are interested in this subject, there is a very very good book called "Stiff".
http://www.wwnorton.com/catalog/spring04/032482.htm
It has amazing droll humor and covers all the aspects of what happens to human remains. It is an amazing mixture of fact, humor and respect all rolled into one. I found it in a used bookstore. But it is still available in normal stores too.

I watched Dr. G yesterday... the 5 main causes of sudden death. It was really a good show!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote