Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallDoode View Post
Hi everyone,

Has anyone else experienced nausea with you B and Folic suppliments? I started taking a B multi-vitamin about three weeks ago and have been sick to my stomach ever since. Feel a bit better after I eat. Problem is that about that same time I dropped to 10mg Prednisone (and am now down to 5mg) so it could also be Pred withdrawal causing the stomach upset. I did switch to a non-multi suppliment so now I take sublingual B12 (changed from Cyanocobalamin to Methylcobalamin) at 2000mcu per day, a B6 (800) and a Folic separate and still am sick. So not sure if it is the B/Folic or the Pred so wanted to see if anyone else had stomach upset on the B.

Oh, I should mention that I am sick to my stomach in the morning before I take the suppliments so I am probably barking up the wrong "what is making me sick" tree... but wanted to check.

Thanks,

dave
A few observations:

1) Prednisone can cause gastritis and ulcers. Could be the Pred.

2) 800mg of B6? This is way too much. Is this a mistake, a typo? 50mg is enough of this daily.

Some people get reflux or heartburn from high dose B-complex.
If you take your B12 separately, take it alone on the empty stomach. It has no negative effects. Then take the other Bs after a meal, preferably early in the day (they energize some people).

Many people on prednisone develop gastric irritations. It is best to get that checked out by a doctor.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote