View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 02:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyLV View Post
My daughter gets cracks in the corners of her mouth when she does not take her vitamins for a while. Her doctor recently told us that can be from not having enough zinc (I had always thought it was from a lack of B vitamins). Her blood zinc levels were recently tested and they are at the low end of the range.

I bought some Zinc Tally and so far I am the only one who has tried it. I held it in my mouth and did not taste anything. After about 10 seconds I decided to just swallow it. As I swallowed it I got a blast of "zinc taste" (I suppose that was what the awful taste was). I don't know how to interpret that but I am not going to retest anytime soon.

--Judy
I think a delayed taste from Zinc Status or Zinc Tally means you are deficient. It is interesting that your doctor said that cracks in the corner are from low zinc levels. I disagree with that and agree with you, Judy, that it is a b vitamin issue. But it seems like taking some zinc would probably be a good idea. I will get those if I don't take the b vitamins like thiamin or some other b vitamin.

Low nutrients levels especially in women can cause weak adrenals, I think. Women are more prone to this problem because estrogen must be broken down in the liver before it is excreted in the body. The liver and adrenals work together, so if one is weak the other will likely suffer too at some point. But I have the problem with sensitivity to light sometimes. I hate having to drive on sunny days sometimes. I do think this is from my zinc deficiency. Zinc is needed by the adrenals, but of course not the only thing.

I have a photo of my in second grade and I can see how dilated my pupils were back then. Dilated pupils are, I think, another sign of weak adrenals.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote