Thread: headaches
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 07:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I do not know if this will help any, but from what i hear about your headaches it sounds like it might be pressure related.

Try to pay attention to when you get your headaches and what the weather is like. See if your headaches are getting worse or better as the pressure raises or lowers. If you can find a pattern (expecialy like befor it rains) you might wank to ask your doctor about this. If this is it, it could be the capillaries being effected.

Noratriptoline and Anatriptoline (spelling?) These are anti depression drugs, but have also been found to help out with some types of headaches and even some migraines. This treatment has not worked for me sadly, but I have used this and referred several of my clients that suffered from long term headaches or migraines (not stress related headaches), and many of them came back thanking me that one or the other has really helped.

The difference though in use is not taking them every day on a regular basis, but only as you start to feel that pressure build just before a headache. A physician might have a better idea for you in this are.. whether something like this might help or work, or have an alternative answer for you. But do ask your doctor about one of these options and see what they have to say.

In reguards to the smeller.. well, I have very similar to what bobbi had mentioned, though I never prevented a gas fire hehe. However, Being a mother of four boys total, two teens left at home... I have been able to smell things that no one else could. Often times, it was something in the kids room.. socks even! A baggie of some weird snack they had forgotten about.. even once some food left in the basement den's microwave..and I could smell it upstairs.

So I would not worry too much just yet. Unless you notice a pattern to when you smell this oder.

However, I have allergies as well. (Yes, I am apparently a plethora of complexities) At times when they get really bad, I get a type of cyst that builds up and I will smell this horrible oder.. it reminds me of my husbands socks. And its worse when I rub or blow my nose. What helps for that is just some basic over the counter allergy medication and a nice hot steam shower.

Perhaps something here can help or someone can add or correct something I may have said. Either way.. good luck and I hope that all turns out well for you.

Peace,
Sarr