Thread: Losing it....
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 11:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oops, hit the send button too quick, sorry about that.

To finish what I was saying in my last post -

There are other pain management treatments besides medications. I am sure you have tried some of them, but with new studies being done everyday there is always something new -- such as a brand new pain med that was just released a month or 2 ago called Opana. It's a narcotic pain reliever that is different from other narcotics (I forget what makes it different, I just remember that it is different).

Have you tried Opana?

I don't know a lot about RSD, but I do know that a lot of the pain associated with it is nerve-related pain -- have your doctors ever tried to treat you with a combo of nuerontin and methadone? A study done last year showed a high success rate for nerve pain patients when using the 2 meds combined. It was a breakthrough study because using either medication on it's own produced only minimal relief, but together produced fantastic relief.

I think I remember a member here getting Ketamine infustion for RSD that provided a lot of relief and was headed towards a remission. I wish I remembered who it was and the final outcome, but I do remember seeing great success stories during the process.

My point is that there are always new things to try, new treatments being released, new studies being done, new clinical trials looking for people to join -- there is always hope for possibility with every day. Tomorrow could be the day some scientist in a lab discovers a new pain treatment.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote