View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I just called the dentist.

My dentist is not in till wednesday. Her husband, the other dentist at the office (I've never met him) is in today, but has no openings. He's doing the free dental appointments for children today (high end dentist office, but they do tons of charity work for children...) So, unless they have a cancellation, I have to wait till tomorrow.

I also have noticed that I have swelling in one of my lymph nodes in my neck. It's not bad, but it's right below where the sore area in my mouth is. Throat isnt sore, but it was sore off and on last week. (thought that was allergies)

I bet if I call my regular doctor to have him look at that swelling in the lymph node, they're probably full up today too.

I'm waiting to call the neuro, since it's been less than an hour since I woke up and even tho the hand numbness is still there, and it may be a bit more than just the hand. My arm isnt numb, but sensation feels a little strange if I run my other hand down the side of my arm.

My shoulder is also a bit sore too. Like I strained it a little bit.

I'm a lot worried about this.

I dont know if I have a fever or anything. I have a thermometer, but it's a temporal thermometer (it's electronic. hold it to your forehead, run it across the forehead to your temple, and it tells you the temperature) I'm not sure exactly how to read it. Since the directions say that temporal temperatures are read differently. The directions dont seem to be written by someone who's first language was English. (thermometer says it was made in China) so I dont know if the 99.2* F that it says is an actual fever or if it's a normal temperature taken with that type of thermometer.

I've been popping ibuprofen and tyelenol all weekend.

oh great, and now I feel dizzy a little bit. (not spinny, just a little wobbly) Great.

I wonder if I should call the neuro now, or wait awhile and see if things get better, since I only just woke up about 45mins ago.

Sometimes when I wake up with a sleepy hand, it takes an hour or two to wake up totally, which is why I'm not leaping up and freaking out completely on this. It's just that the numb sensation feels different today than it does when the arm goes to sleep sometimes...and there's the whole pain swelling thing going on in my mouth, which is something that doesnt happen to me every day.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote