View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 12:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Momma3love!

HEy there! The pherisis is a bit overwhelming - I know I had a little "episode" when I was first admitted - screamed @ Mike for 3 days straight - got to where the nurses suggested I take an antidepressant - thank God for that!

I think it would be a great idea to tell people what it entails......that way it isn't so scary, since they have an idea what to EXPECT!!!!!

I am sorry to hear you are going through so much......I promise you, it does get BETTER! Truly!

It is great that you are having the less invasive surgery...........You will feel like a new woman!

How are you today? Are you stronger?

My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Big, big hugs!
ERin
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma3love View Post
So I was admitted Tuesday to the hospital to start plasmapheresis. They admitted me because I have been unable to take mestinon, so I have been pretty weak. I came in with a nasty kidney infection and an ear issue. I have not been able to hear very well, I have had a cold for over 8 weeks. I am finally much better but my ears are plugged. So to get on with it. On thursday I started passing kidney stones. They did not start straining my urine until saturday. They make you go in a hat to measure all your urine.

Anyway they finally decided they should consult a uroligist today. After much "encouragement" from me. I have not passed anymore stones but have had a lot of sediment. They also check your sugar 4 times a day, before meals and bed. Mine has been high, just 150s, a few times. It's not really high I know, but they made me have an insulin shot anyway. I have only been seeing neuros to this point. And almost a different one every day. A few of them have been hmmm how to put it, rude and do not know how to communicate. One pretty much said my expectations were off, like I should not have expected anything more than pheresis.

So I am clear of infection and my kidneys are not hurting so much. I am still passing sediment but thats all. I have had three plasma exchanges. I unfortunately still feel pretty weak, more so than when I came in. I probably see the surgeon tomorow so if he is comfortable with moving ahead I am. I trust him. The whole process of having the pheresis catheter and the exchanges was a bit overwhelming. I looked and looked online before so that I would know what to expect, I could not find anything. So I was thinking of putting a step by step process in the useful info at the top if they would let me. What does everyone think?

Hope everyone is doing well. I read a few had the thymectomy already. I am having the less invasive one, where they go through the neck and not split the sternum. I hope you all heal well with no complications and quickly. Take care all and I will keep you updated.