Old 04-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBBlog View Post
Hi--I'm glad our humble little blog is generating discussion, but I feel (based on some comments I've read) that I need to emphasize the following:

I am NOT a physician (I'm a scientist), and NOTHING I write on the BBB Blog should in any way be construed as medical advice. PLEASE do not make any changes to the medications you are taking without consulting your physician first.

Many thanks, and best wishes,
Brian Hawkins, PhD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
In plainer English (which I needed myself to understand the seriousness of this report)
I think we all understand your concern, Brian.
Everyone here mostly checks with their doctor.
What is concerning about the newest statin information for the readers of the MS forum, is that high dose statins were touted by the drug companies as a TREATMENT for MS. And it looks like this is not going to work or be good for them.
If you cruise around, you'll find olsen and myself putting up all the data coming out about statins, not just the positive ones, we get in the general media.
I think doctors have been kept in the dark about the damage potential statins have, and therefore cannot answer questions adequately when patients ask them. Providing that data here gives them a chance to print it out and take it with them to the doctor. In that case it is a roundabout way of providing CME for those doctors!

And I agree with you...that the newest attempt to suggest use of statins for children is deporable! It is right up there with atypical antipsychotics for toddlers! (and we know where that has gone)

We have a warning on every page of these forums to consult your doctor, before trying any suggestions that appear here.
And I always put up carefully checked medical information, to support my posts as well.

Thanks for chiming in.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 04-13-2009 at 03:03 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote