View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi guys - its Ali here

Thank you all soo much for your support - it really means a lot to me and i'm overwhelmed by the support from you all.

Its really hard and painful for me to type but I wanted to let you all know how i'm doing.

I was in so much pain this afternoon after visiting my nanan so my mum decided to take me to the ER just to be on the safe side and get some pain relief. I really didn't want to go but was in agony so decided it was best to go.

The nurse in the ER examined me and again, didn't know what RSD was!!! She did write it down though and read up on it. The nurse was really shocked by the amount of swelling I had ... my arm was purple!! She ordered some x-rays to check for any breaks etc.

I had the x-rays and it was pretty painful as I couldn't move my arm into some of the positions they wanted it in.

After I had the x-rays, the nurse came and saw us. She was nice and took the time to do a bit of research about RSD!!!! She showed me and my mum a copy of the x-ray results and said she thinks I had an hairline fracture. She couldn't tell for sure because of the swelling but said that there was a line there that shouldn't be and that she was very suspicious of a fracture!!

She said that she was going to treat my arm as a fracture as that is what she thinks it is. She was going to cast my arm but my mum explained that casting can make RSD so much worse so she has put a really thick ace bandage on my arm to stabilise the joint and given me a sling.

I have to go tomorrow to the fracture clinic. My mum asked if I could be refered onto the hospital that has been treating my RSD and she said that was fine. I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon to see an Orthopaedic dr and I think they will probably cast my arm if they think they have to. Mum is going to call my PM Dr to see if he can see me and give us some advice on what to do.

I didn't think that my arm was fractured as all the doctors have always said it was 'just' the RSD. My mum said that she thought that there was more to it than the RSD this time though as it looked different and worse than last time. Im so upset that this has happened - things semt to be getting a littlee better and now we are back to square one!!! The fracture is suspected to be on the radius, right above the wrist so its no surprise why I have been in so much pain as I can hardly move my wrist!!

I'll let you know hopw the appt goes tomorrow - hopefully the dr will know about RSD and give me something to help with the pain!!

Thanks again for the support - it means a lot!