Thread: Losing it....
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 12:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

((((((Abasaki)))))),

I just saw your post and it tugged at my heart

I don't know RSD. I'm familiar with fibromyalgia -- years of pain with no good treatment.

I just wanted to offer this up as another suggestion:
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/gui/act...ecruiting=true
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/gui/act...ecruiting=true

I was in the original clinical trials for prozac over 20 years ago. Got my meds for two years. And mini-therapy -->> someone to touch base with frequently but NOT having to go through that psycho bull-ships anymore. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

The good thing about clinical trials is they are aware of more recent research. There's someone THERE that is trying to help. I know sometimes when you have complex, untreatable 'thingies', the medical community starts to just keep you in the "appointment loop" -- come in, see how you're doing, send the bill to the insurance company.

You know, Abasaki, we get this idea that we're HELPING someone by hiding what's really going on with us. Spouses want to be able to help. Children should know that everything is not all sunshine and puppy dogs -- they need to see real life examples of how to cope.

Come out of that cave of yours and let the people around you help you. If they're not willing to help you, they shouldn't be around you. You don't need negative energy around you.

I'm speaking based on my own life -- spinal arthritis, over 15 years of fibromyalgia, borderline personality disorder.

The BIG THING in my life, though, has been trying to cope with a lifetime of chronic clinical depression and trying to not follow in the same footsteps as my younger brother who committed suicide when I was 22 and he was 21. I've had a lifetime of living in hell and trying to learn how to cope with it.

It NEVER PAYS to hide your feelings. I used to ICE MYSELF. When the nurse at work saw me after my first psychiatric hospitalization, she told me my face use to look like ICE. No ships, I was trying to freeze myself so I wouldn't have to feel anything. The way that The Universe works is either you go through it now or you go through it later -- you are going to go through it. Can't beat The Universe.

Come out of your room and let the beautiful things -- love and soft animals and pretty flowers and magnificent trees fill your soul. There is a reason that you are here. Please stay here.

BIG HUGS.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote