View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks for the pics. At first it looked like oncholysis, like on the Dermznet site.....now it looks like the psoriasis one on this site you posted. The whole darn finger above the DIP joint hurts like $%^&. It hurts worse behind the finger in the palmer aspect, so this crud is somehow affecting the joint. Anyway, thanks for looking at it for me. I have 2 more weeks to wait for the derm deities to tell me it is yet another rare and benign condition. If you know what I mean.

Also to the prior poster to MRSD...yes, lip biopsy is very positive as were all the eye tests....as was a biopsy for neuropathy and myopathy, also lungs have reticular changes, flunked a ton of autonomic tests and have cardiac abnormalities. So it is not unexpected that the ANA would be high. It has been high before. The CD4 T helper cells and lymphocytes are also high. I am wondering if I need more IVIG? Or if they need to add something else, but what that I can tolerate....that is the question. It is Sjogrens without the blood marker....which is a disese, but, not my Lyme without the blood marker, that is a non-disease. Which makes me wonder where these doctors heads are when they come up with these blood marker ideas. Thanks for your thoughts. I know a lot of brain power has over the years gone into helping me solve my dilemma.

In the end, it appears that autoimmunity was the cause of my idiopathic small fiber neuropathy. I think even Glenntaj narrowed that down to autoimmune mimicry from the Lyme ( which could also be called sarcoidosos, neurosarcoidosis as easily).

Treatment is all pretty much the same.....I am sticking with IVIG, as it has done the most good, but it will be a fight. I do believe my dose needs some increasing but not at the risk of losing what I get. I may have to add some other T cell hammer that I can tolerate.

I am absolutely exhausted to the point I refuse to feel guilty for laying around and for even being bedbound here and there. I do have 'good' days. I am closing in on my next IVIG, so this may be my issue....that or I ate too many peeps.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote