View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 08:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ally,
DOH!!!
I'm such an air head sometimes! I almost sent this with the same info I already gave you on your "struggling to keep eyes open" thread! But as a reminder,

Some more helpful hints to get a more accurate test. AnnieB3 dug up some links on the effects of caffein and the nightshade family (tobacco being the strongest of those, but it includes potatoes, peppers and others), to which Mrsd added more links.

To see that thread I referred to, you can go to the top of the page here, click on the SEARCH link in the blue bar, then type in AnnieB3 and choose the "show threads" button. Then just look for the thread that warns about caffein and nightshade family.

One thing I want to add is that a neighbor of mine was dx'd with MG. He went due to eye problems, not even having noticed any leg weakness. They told him after the EMG that he had decrement there, so you don't necessarily have to feel it in a muscle to have it show on the test. In his case I think being retired he was more sedintary and I know he loves to read, so his eyes are what he fatigued and used enough to realize the problem.
Just a little bit of info for you.

Becky

Last edited by ras1256; 04-13-2009 at 09:00 PM.
ras1256 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote