Thread: HBOT-hyperbaric
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ALASKA MIKE/aintsobad

Hi! I got some messages that directed me to this thread. This is such a great group of supportive people here. They really are here to help.
I'll try to share some information with you. There really is too much for a single post, so if it appears short it is because I am trying to get as much in as possible. First I have had CRPS, for 20 years in July, full body. After much research I wen to Canada for my first 40 dives in a multiplace Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber. I received great results that lasted almost eight months. Then I went to Texas a year after Canada and did 40 dives at 2.4 ata in a monoplace chamber. Again with great results. A year later, I returned to Texas for another 40 dives at 2.4ata. After this series I decided to purchase a chamber for myself. HBO reduces inflamation, and swelling therefore reduces pain. The oxygen under pressure creates the growth of new micovascular systems and distributes oxygen to our much needed extremities. HBO also increases stem cell production 8 times, promoting healing.
There are many benefits to HBOT. Too many to list. Prices for treatment will vary based on your location. RSD/CRPS is not a approved disorder for HBOT and most insurances will not cover this. Some people have stated they were cured in 40 dives(generally the protocol). I know of some one personally who has treated rsd patients with HBOT and has seen cures. For me it has not been a cure, but a life saver. It has improved the quality of my life enormously.
During the years of diving, before my home chamber I wanted to know everything about HBOT, oxygen and diving. So I got my 22 year old son...to take the classes with me, lugg my tank and equiptment around and share in the certification. I loved it!!!! We both got our open water, advanced, and Rescue diver certification. I also got my Nitrox(enriched oxygen) and equipment specialty. I am working on my masters now. I have a right frozen shoulder with extremely limited range of motion. So I either have someone on the boat lift on my equiptment while I sit and then I roll in...(No giant stride, my shoulder couldnt take the weight) or I jump in and put my BC and tank on in the water. My body feels so much better under the water.
Thats 101 and I'll share more if you like. I have a picture of my chamber on my profile, but I think I have it set for just friends to see. If you PM me I'll be glad to share more if you are interested.
ALASKAMIKE are you in alaska? I lived in Anchorage for 5 years?
Aintsobad if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask or pm. I'll give you both my number if you would like to talk further. Maybe I can open my pics on my profile for a couple of days or send a friend request if you want to see the pics. Mike and Pete let me know if I can answer any more questions. Look forward to meeting you. Di
DianaA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-14-2009)