View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 12:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi all,

I just had #10 today. Wow, I can't believe 10 whole months have gone by already. I remember being so nervous when I was getting ready to start Tysabri but I'm so glad I am on this drug. I feel like I am really protecting my brain and that I am being aggressive in stopping this disease.

The infusion was slowed down today to 90 minutes to see if it reduced some of the side effects I sometimes get for 2-3 days after the infusion. Last time the nurse took a shortcut (due to laziness) and only did it over 45 minutes. I felt so horrible I couldn't get out of bed for a couple of days or function in any way. I was so p---ed at that nurse. Today I feel SO much better so I think slowing down is the way to go for me. No side-splitting headache, no body aches all over, very little nausea, and manageable fatigue. I can function until my body recovers in a couple of days.

I sat next to a woman who has been on Tysabri for 2 1/2 years and she said it has stopped her MS from progressing. She only has the use of half of one arm left after living with MS for 20 years. But she thinks she still has some use because of the Tysabri.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (04-14-2009), Riverwild (04-14-2009)