View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 06:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

MJA-TOS,

I feel for you, I really do.

I just wish your doctor had suggested a laparascopy first. I was reading the posts in the other thread as well. And, I too, was always told endo could only be confirmed by a lap. Anyway, I had endo in my teens and all the way up to age 45. And I was lasered out about every two to three years. Mine is a long story. Suffice to say my Reproductive Endocrinologist NEVER suggested Lupron through the years. It wasn't until a lot later on that she even suggested it and as I said, PRIOR to a hysterectomy. But only to dry up any residual endo prior to surgery and to help me get through surgical menopause without a hit by using add back therapy when done. I am sorry but I think it is bad practice to give someone an injection of Lupron without confirming a diagnosis of endo first and/or in light of a hysterectomy. You might want to read up about this practice. Lupron is powerful and your system will shut down over the 3 months. While I don't recall nausea and vomiting I did have horrible headaches and hot flashes that came every 10 minutes for 3 months.

I am sorry I don't mean to sound so abrupt; I just feel badly for you. And again, I wish a lap had been offered first. It would have been so much easier to confirm it and then have it lasered out (if there is endo) then to put yourself through so much misery. Hopefully, the 3 month shot will work IF there is endo.

Hang in there and remember it will take time; which is why they call it the 3 month shot.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote