Thread: Sweating
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Here is something to help you understand?

Tho it's technical at first to navigate? It is worth it....
http://telemedicine.org/stamford.htm
On the left index click on 'Diabetes in Skin disease' then be sure to click on the abstract and the introduction. Then go on down the lists...
Essentially, your peripeheral nerves aren't sending ALL the right messages to all the right other systems in your body.
Most who have varied PN's have a COLD senstitivity.... But it also can work the other way. It's not exclusive one way or the other.
I'd not really realized it until I talked with a distant relative who had MS and had the 'hots' all the time... that's when I searched and found this site.
Yes, some meds for other issues can cause excessive sweating at times - I'm on a aromatase inhibitor that is a real tiger in this quarter! [For post cancer treatments] I'm sweating like a racehorse at times and yet my feet are icebergs - go figger? I also wear finger tip less gloves to keep my hands warm half the day. Doesn't matter what the temp is inside or outside!
As for meds being the culprit? Do look up all the 'prescribing information' details on each of your meds...sometimes they work together? some times not. Just something to keepin mind.
Hope this all helps - 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hope15 (04-15-2009), Leslie (04-27-2009)