View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 08:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Pete,

Your words are so true. The problem is not all people get to where you are for a while.

It took me 5 years to quit looking for relief around every corner. It also took that long to get doctors on my team who one understand RSDS and two they want to take the time to work with us. My PM doctor, he has been on my medical team for 3 years. Got so frustrated in the beginning that he told me from now on make sure they allow 30 minuets on my schedule for your appt. My Primary doctor who has been with me from the beginning tried to quit on me after he gave me the never give up never quit speech. I wrote him a letter he called me and we have a great relationship now.

My point is just as we are dealing with a health condition that doesn't act the same in any two people. We are dealing with people who have RSD/CRPS who's coping skills are all different.

I learned the triangle of care when I had my first appt. in Philly. It is important that you shared that in several of your threads. IT IS VITAL in one's care.

Exercise is as vital for our RSD management as our medications. For me in the water is best we are weightless and it is much easier to exercise.

You have spent 26 years getting where you are with your management of RSD/TSO. Your knowledge for those in need will be needed here. Use the triangle of care as part of your sign off for threads, like some people use quotes in their sign off.

Take care,
Sherrie
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (09-27-2009), nancyinLA (09-26-2009)