View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 10:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default NOBODY can figure out my "syndrome"

Okay, ya'll are my last hope. I have been to probably 20 Dr.'s in many states and nobody can figure out my problem.
I have had PCOS since age 18 (I'm a 43 year old female).
I have had pernicious anemia for about the last 5 years and take b-12 shots.
I have some weird bone metabolic disorder where I grow osteophytes really bad out of my spine both anteriorly and posteriorly. I have had 2 surgeries on my sternum for abnormal bone growths (last one 2 years ago and it has grown back again)..Soft tissue type swelling now over left breast area (negative mammo and ultrasound)...I have HPV (bad types like 16,18) but last 4 pap smears have been negative.
I have very low Vitamin D now and have started taking pills for that. BAD, BAD acne that I can't get to go away. Very thin hair and neuropathy in my arms and legs. Cyst on my pancreas. Very strong history of diabetes (Father, Brother), first cousin has Lupus. I have worked with radiation for 20 years now and wondering if I have damaged myself (PET/CT Tech)...I can't get anyone to name my syndrome or tell my how to stop the bone growth that are going to eventually puncture my lungs and heart vessels. I have had a partial sternectomy and I'm on pain patch all the time now. Nobody will even biopsy the new growth above chest or in sternum (3rd time grown back).They said it was probably an osteochondroma in sternum after first biopsy. I also have a bone growth below right knee cap that is so ugly I can't wear shorts anymore.
Anybody have any ideas? My next stop is Mayo Clinic and I really can't afford to go there. My insurance isn't very good. Thanks so much!
delandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Idealist (04-30-2009)