View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Today I saw that my Mother is getting old

I have spoken about my Mom's severe back pain from severe degenerative arthritis of the spine and spinal stenosis. Last week she got bronchitis and it won't let go. I took her to the doctor today and I think today was the first time I really realized that she is not immortal and someday will die. She is 83, feircely independent, has high blood pressure, atrial fibrilation, for those of you that know what it is she has tachy brady syndrome so she has pacemaker. she has had several small strokes. But she is a precious woman who was the love of my Dad's life. He died 10 years ago and nothing would make her happier but to just quitly die in her sleep and wake up being next to Dad in heaven. But she lost loves her family here on earth and wants to see them all grow up. Her 4th great grandchild is about to be born. She has a very active and wonderful life in her retirement home and is well utilized in many activities.

Sorry for hijacking this forum just to tell you about my Mom but I love her.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (04-15-2009), Dejibo (04-15-2009), DM (04-15-2009), Jappy (04-15-2009), karousel (04-15-2009), Kitty (04-15-2009), SallyC (04-15-2009)