View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 06:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow

((((((Liz)))))),

I use the Van Ness sifting cat pan (
)

I've got three cats. I sift a couple of times a day. I totally clean the pans about once a month. Never totally throw out all the litter. When I get around to cleaning it, I clean the sifter, the frame, and one pan and let them air dry. Then I put the litter into the clean pan and wash the other dirty pan.

I use Cat's Pride scoopable cat litter. It's scoopable and flushable. Yeah, I flush. People can't believe that I flush. But, it goes down, so...

I also have a boot tray that I got from Kinsman. One of my cats is a high-kicker

When I clean the pans, I use Comet and dishwashing liquid and scrub with a brush.

I've had my pan for years (5 maybe). It looks good after I clean it.

I found a new type of litter that I absolutely LOVE -- it's called S'Wheat -- it's made from wheat kernels. It's clean and smells good and is flushable. Two of my cats didn't mind it at all. But, one didn't like the crunchy sound that it made so he REFUSED in CAPITAL LETTERS to use it. Needless to say, I've gone back to Cat's Pride

Barb

PS: Oh, I've thought about also using the plastic bag liners too -- I think that would save on having to clean the pan. It's an extra expense that I can't afford right now, though.
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote