View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 12:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Odayin --

Gosh, it made me so sad to read about the doctors saying you were just trying to get attention. (((((((Odayin)))))))

The next most striking thing you wrote was the thing about the nose bleeds... I mean, striking to me.

I have found that when I am low on vitamin B12 that I have nose bleeds, I used to have intensely heavy periods, and my gums bleed.

Now that I know about vitamin B12, if I find the least amount of blood on my kleenex I immediately use a methylcobalamin lozenge.

I used to have horrid headaches, though they weren't migraines, at least not often. I would regularly get them when I was under stress, and I was mostly under a lot of stress at work. They used to buy Advil for me the way they bought sugar for everyone else to use in their coffee breaks.

Now I know that Advil weakens the jaw bone and is not good to use as much of as I was using.

I use magnesium now, to help relax muscles. It feels strange to get a headache (which I don't do nearly as often anymore) and to not take an Exhedrin or Tylenol or Advil... but to instead take a magnesium capsule. I think the tablets work equally well, by the way.

I'm under huge stress now and I've had such bad tightening of my muscles in my legs that it feels dangerous to walk, as if the sharp pain that causes my legs to start to buckle, will actually tumble me to the floor. It's really hard to keep on top of stress. I mean, I know I have to use more methylcobalamin to handle increases in stress, but it's hard to do it day after day... and I totally forgot that if my legs were feeling like the muscles were all knotted and I SOOO wished I could go for a massage, that I should be using additional magnesium... so for the last couple of days I've set my computer to remind me to take supplements more times during the day, and I am better.

But, it's very scary when ones legs are suddenly so heavy it's hard to walk... or when they are sort of crumbling when weight is placed on them... so I think that outside stress depletes B12, and then the physical results of the depletion are scary and that's stressful and even more B12 is depleted, and it's hard to believe that a simple vitamin can be a significant part of serious health problems.

I have kept notes for years, less now than I should because the stress is so overwhelming at times, so I can look at my notes and see that stress is followed by an increase in symptoms related to low vitamin B12... I have to do that, too, because I get scared that what I'm feeling is some horrible disease and it won't go away.

Only really, if I keep using methylcobalamin in significant amounts, then so far it's always been okay in awhile. I mean, I don't realize how stressful something is until I notice that I can't wiggle my toes, or that my thigh is wooden feeling, and by then my B12 must be quite depleted... so it takes awhile to feel better, but I do feel better once I take enough more methylcobalamin to set things right again.

Methylcobalamin is known to regenerate nerves. For me, it's reassuring to know that.

You might want to take a look at a list of symptoms associated with low B12 and see if there are very many that are things you are dealing with... B12 is not a dangerous vitamin, so you can take it to see if it helps and it won't hurt you. But, it's good to use lozenges because it's a complicated vitamin for our bodies to use if there's any kind of malfunction in our digestive systems... and it's good to use the methylcobalamin because it's much more effective than the cyanocobalamin form.

I haven't tried the hydroxy form, but people speak highly of it.

(((((((((((Odayin)))))))))))