View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default You must be right about tha doctor's bad handwriting, Melody--

--some of those acronyms you posted for the tests don't look like any I've ever seen on a scrip.

But, a few of them are familiar--and she is doing at least a number of the tests to rule out some neuropathy causes.

Obviously, you know about the glucose tolerance test. The ESR is the sedimentation rate used to get a general measure of inflammation. I'm pleased she ordered cryoglobulins and quantitative immunolglobulins, and while I'm not sure from what you wrote, I think she also ordered a serum protein immunofixation electrophoresis (SPEP). These are all tests for rogue antibodies of the blood that can produce primarily sensory neuropathies.

She's got a folate test in there--didn't see a vitamin B12 test, though--and the SSA/SSB are tests for Sjogren's related antibodes. She's also got the Lyme and RPR (that's a neurosyphilis screen--doubt Alan has that). I'm wondering what test the "Naisgluten" is; I do think everyone with neuropathy should be screened for gluten sensitivity, but usually those are listed as anti-gliadin IgA and IgG and anti-transglutaminase antibody tests.

I am wondering what some of the other acronyms are, unless they are for specific combo panels done at the hospital. But it looks like Latov taught her well.

Last edited by glenntaj; 12-14-2006 at 04:31 PM.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote