View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 02:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default clarification needed

[QUOTE=paula_w;494625]
we are all equal right? there shouldn't be any difference because the bond is parkinson's ...it should'nt matter....we need a team. not a liberal one, or a wealthy one, not a political one, or competitive one, interchanges of dislike and disrepect toward certain groups needs to stop. there is more to life than stem cell research and gay marriage. Bashing parties - bashing peope for how they think -i don't see america in any of those behaviors - where is the nearest tea party in my area? paula[/QUOTE

Paula, I am hearing a mixed message, and probably am not alone in this, so I am asking for clarification. When you say "there is more to life than stem cell research and gay marriage," it sounds as if you are deciding what other people's priorities should be and "bashing them for what they think." You call this behavior unAmerican, and I agree with you. It is even more untenable for Americans to make any segment of our population second class citizens by denying them rights accorded to everyone else. As you said, "We are all equal, right." Perhaps if you had a gay child or grandchild, you would not see this as such an insignificant issue.

sheryl
SherylJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote