View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
I have a vial of B12 and some syringes. Havent done that as a shot yet (hopefully the B12 is still good) I might need to refill that Rx if it's gone bad. (need to check with the pharmacist for that)

I have the wrong gauge needles for it (pharmacy didnt have the right kind) so I need to go find the right ones. My dad's a nurse, so he's going to be giving me the B12 shots. (cheaper than a nurse visit at the doctor's office)
Oh, for sure. The shots used to cost me $25 each until a doctor prescribed a vial and had his nurse instruct me on giving myself the shots.

I prefer the methylcobalamin lozenges now. I had so many shots that there was barely a place on my thigh left to give one... at first I didn't think the lozenges worked. But that was because I forgot that 1mg lozenge used daily for a month is about the same as one shot... so when I went from a shot a day to one lozenge, I was 29 shots short. So to speak.

I know it's not a cure, but it helps with a lot of symptoms.

The needles are intense, by the bye. An inch and a half... I was afraid to lose weight, I kept thinking I'd hit bone... lol