View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 01:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Pete -

I grew up in the Philly area, too (the South Jersey side). No wonder you are so cool! I still have family that lives in parts of southeast Pa., Delaware, and South Jersey. My parents retired to a little beach town on the Jersey shore, but spend the winter months in Fla. I miss Philly very much and can always hear that special "twang" in someone's speech, even 25 years after moving away!

You are so right. Thank you for your input. It can be very hard to stay focused, when every day brings a new set of challenges. I am missing the phych part from my triangle, and I think it is badly needed. Its been about ten months since my ortho diagnosed "probable" RSD, and four or five since it started to spread. The issues are never ending - WC denials, a lazy RI PM doc that screwed up, good Boston PM docs that deserve to be paid that haven't been because of evil WC adjusters, personal insurance that is junk (just when you think you've got a back-up you find out that United Health is a terrible plan and pays doctors NOTHING) a head that hurts a LOT, feet that are starting to not work well, etc. And spring just doesn't want to arrive here in this corner of the US.

Sorry - didn't mean to go off on such a rant. You are an awesome inspiration! I'm often a wreck and I haven't been sick that long. I don't know if I am going to be able to keep it all together as well as you. But I plan to try. I have so many responsibilities - kids, a job, a wonderful husband, a yard, etc. THAT is what prevents me from curling up in a ball under the covers with my head buried under a pillow every day!! Well, that and college tuition bills right around the corner....I NEED to keep moving.

Take care, Sandy

Last edited by SandyRI; 04-15-2009 at 07:20 PM.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-25-2009), nancyinLA (09-26-2009)