View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Frown Bedbugs

Bedbugs hide behind pictures, behind the headboard, in the carpet, in upholstered chairs and in the mattresses, on the luggage rack, on the luggage rack deal that you can use to bring your luggage in. A rubber type mattress cover is a good idea but bedbugs are everywhere.

Last fall when we stayed in motels, I was always looking and trying to see if they were there. I was not comfortable at all. There is no spray that you can get that will kill them. The EPA pulled many of the chemicals that were most effective in getting rid of them. Bedbugs have also developed a resistance to pesticides because those chemicals are still in use in other countries.

There are few chemicals on the market that are even approved for use on mattresses and furniture, etc. It's the biggest bedbug outbreak since World War II. The problem has increased greatly in the past number of years due to foreign travel.

Also, you would be surprised what other kinds of things you can find on bedspreads, walls, sinks, toilets and the like in motels. Scary

Our solution will be to go back to an RV. At least we should have peace and quiet in our own place. I just refuse to stay in a motel/hotel anymore. You aren't totally safe in a better motel/hotel either from any of it. You don't have to be poor to have bedbugs or have an unclean house either. It's who brings them in. Cockroaches would be another wonderful one to have brought into your house

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (04-16-2009), SandyC (04-15-2009)