Thread: Pain!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 08:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks everyone! I am feeling much better today emotionally. Physically...eh. Same.
When Todd came home from work last night, I was up because of the steroids. Todd looked at the package and said you realize that this is prednisone right? I was floored! I thought it was depo-medrol in a pill!!! Stupid me! The last time I took prednisone, I was up all night and agitated. So I immediately decided to not take day 2 or any more of the steroids! I tossed them down the toilet! I was up part of the night but eventually I settled down enough to get some sleep.
Luckily, I have appointments today with my therapist and my psych nurse practitioner and I will be talking about these issues with them. My poor therapist is about to get her ears talked off today that is for sure! I will be asking them for some help for a new doc today and see what I can do about that. I am still waiting from a call from my pcp for recommendations for an orthopedist and I will also ask him about an neurologist as well.
Boopers, I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Sciatica, Piriformis sydrome, L4-L5 disc bulge and tenative diagnoses of SI joint disfunction of some sort and a pinched nerve.
Sims you are right, I live about 40 minutes, depending on traffic outside of Boston.
Liz, Todd does not want me to take any pain meds and bezos because according to him I abused them and he doesn't want me going through that again. I don't think he has put together yet that it was part of my undiagnosed BiPolar issues (manic period) that caused that along with the need for better pain control. Of course I can't convince him of that.
Well....here is another long post I have written. The ironic thing about this is I am such a advocate for proper pain control for those who are not gettng the help they need and here I am falling into that hole now.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote