View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 05:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOWLING View Post
Hello,

Welcome, to neuro talk. What part of the body is it trying to stimulate. I had one put in 3 years ago. It was stimulating both arms and legs and low back. I had it removed last November. I got good at working with the programers and using the remote mine was a Bostin Scientifc. If I can't answer your questions I'm sure someone on here can. There are a lot of helpful caring people on here.
Take care,
Sherrie
i also had BS, i mean boston scientific..i had a scs put in for my legs and a second scs was suppose to be put in for my arms but since thefirstone did not work i did not get the second scs.

i want to get mine out but i worry about flare ups. when you got yours out was it a bigger surgery than putting it in? bigger incisions? they screwed up the first time putting mine in. they were suppose to put the lamenecomy at T8 and the lead is suppose to face the spinal cord of course. they put the hole and lead on T7 and faced the lead toward my skin rather than the spinal cord so they went in to do a revision(3 months later). they put a new lead at T8 but did not make room for it so now i have constant pain from this lead just being there even with the scs off. and when they put the new lead in the Dr cut thewires so he had to put anew battery pack in also. the battery pack was not put in deep enough the second time so i cant lay on it or barely sit because of the pain from the battery unit.

so long recovery time did it take after getting the scs out?

mike

em68, good luck to you. i can answer any ?'s you have by phone or pm if youlike...
ALASKA MIKE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (10-16-2014)