View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Unhappy

In my area about 10 yrs ago a teacher's mug was spiked with LSD...

It was hard finding a site for this because so much time has lapsed:
http://www.jackshafer.com/magazine/lsdflashback.htm
Quote:
"LSD is re-emerging as a popular drug among relatively small but growing groups of middle-class users." The LSD comeback story got a sensational boost last winter in suburban Detroit, where a high school senior allegedly spiked her English teacher's coffee with a tab of acid. "Kids have kind of rediscovered it," a counselor told the Detroit Free Press’Nancy Ann Jeffrey last May.
It was girl and the case was found guilty and ended up in the Mich. Supreme Court. As I recall, he was a recent widower, and had hallucinations about his wife. Ended up in psyche ward for a while! Very sad.

The long term care facility I worked at had a data entry girl
spiked --someone added something to her water bottle.
She ended up in the hospital...it was all hushed up...but she did not return to the job. I was on vacation at the time.

Girls are getting pretty aggressive these days.

There is a chilling book out there I ran into about 3 yrs ago.
http://www.rachelsimmons.com/index.htm
Quote:
Rachel Simmons is the author of the New York Times bestseller Odd Girl Out: The Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls , the first book to explore the phenomenon of bullying between girls. Rachel works internationally with girls, parents, and teachers to develop strategies to address bullying and empower girls.
This is a disturbing book for some, but it is also a good resource for others. It is amazing how awful people can be to each other.

BTW my son was sexually harassed in 9th grade. It is a long story, so I won't go into it here. The perp was suspended for 1 month, and dropped out in his senior year, but he harassed an autistic student the next year. The PE teacher who allowed this to happen and did not help my son when he requested help, was let go the next year too. (he had a history of oogling the girls as well with many complaints from parents).

I was soooooo glad when high school was finally over. GAD it was an ordeal at times!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (04-15-2009), Curious (04-15-2009), mistiis (04-15-2009), who moi (04-16-2009)