View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 09:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

by me putting in that we can be perceived as drug seekers, and addicts, i was aiming to try to show the reader what we go through. it was meant as to teach and show outsiders what we go through and how we're viewed. i was in no way saying that we are them, but that we may be seen that way.

to try to give the reader a better understanding that not only do we have this ridiculous pain, but that it causes us to lose use of our limbs, that we have to change our lives, the emotional ups and downs we go through, the trial and errors we go through trying to find something that helps us manage our pain so that we can just stay sane, how outsiders think we're making it up and because we're having to take so many meds (not just narcotics cause if others see us taking pills they don't know what they are) that we pill poppers.

it is a college paper, and i am in no means a doctor or trying to be one in trying to explain what rsd is. it is coming from my perspective and trying to explain all aspects in words that everyone can understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyfan View Post
CZZ74, I apprecite you posting even though it wasnt popular opinion. I felt less alone. I tried to write it in a way that wouldnt be too offensive & got attacked anyway. I just felt like we have this negative imagine hanging over us enough. Some days I would give anything to get a high off my pain medication. Just to be taken away from this for awhile. Does that make me a bad person? I dont think so. I wont drink a drop of alcohol because of the mixture with my meds. And I dont misuse my prescriptions. Yet there are people out there labeling me & my friends. I dont like it. Take care & thank you for making me feel less alone.
Hugs, Denny

PS Here is a link with a picture of how small Advanced Bionics SCS is http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/advancedbionics/12205/