View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default This is going to sound crazy, but hear me out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llonghair View Post
Thanks Boatkitten!

I was surprised to read that carageenan is kelp....my daughter eats quite a bit of ice-cream so maybe that may be an added reason she has developed this.

And the mention of animal feed...she just got off the phone and said she was feeding her friends 2 horses and dog for a week while they are on vacation. I told her to wear a mask...but I am sure this won't happen unless I go with her!

Thanks for the link, it is very helpful.

Ozz
I know this sounds crazy because it goes against everything you've been told, but autoimmune thyroid problems are actually caused by an iodine deficiency. That's right, deficiency, meaning your body needs more iodine. Now before you go jumping down my throat, hear me out...
Your body has iodine seeking enzymes, they require iodine but only are able to get it when the iodine is present in your blood, this only happens when you have acheived full body sufficiency (1500mg for adults). Without the iodine being present in your blood the enzymes go seeking iodine, which concentrates only in your thyroid when you are deficient (the thyroid comes first) these enzymes tear your thyroid apart to have access to the iodine, this cases you thyroid to atrophy putting your adrenal glands in charge.
That's just laymens terms,my husband suffered from goiter and later hyperthyroidism, the addition of coconut oil helped to relieve him of the frequent anxiety attacks, but it wasn't until Iodine supplementation (as well as a list of other vitamins and minerals) that the other symptoms of hyper and hypo thyroid resolved. He just started the "high" dose of iodine (32.5mg) a few days ago and now his goiter is barely noticeable! He has been feeling so much better over the past 6 months since beginning the supplements. I have also noticed a HUGE change for myself (was also anemic as well as suffering from hypothyroidism, pcos, hirsutism... the list goes on), my mother and my kids. A few of my friends have started the supplementation and WOW they have noticed BIG changes as well. To find the info about how iodine deficiency actually causes HYPERTHYROIDISM take a look at *edit*

You will also be able to find my story, my husbands, my mothers, and my friends, just take a look at *edit*

Let me know if you have any questions! Hope you can change your life the way my family and friends have changed ours!

Nichole

Last edited by Koala77; 04-15-2009 at 11:20 PM. Reason: As per NT guidelines
christsavesall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote