View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazen18 View Post
Why is America so bad with health care coverage for people??

I got fired and am planning on (or at least was) doing COBRA. I have been waiting for the new forms associated with the Obama stimulus pkg to come in the mail so I only have to pay 35% of the premium. I haven't received them yet. I was informed by someone that you could still use your insurance card because you have 60 days to do the COBRA. If you use the insurance, I figured you would just be obligated to pay your premium for COBRA...

Not the case. The lady at the doctors office said that I would have to "self-pay" for my two appointments I have next week.. I told her to forget it.. Im unemployed.. I have NO money... Then she proceeded to tell me that even after the paper work and the money had been sent in that there is usually a significant delay for active coverage to begin.... So what is the effing point of COBRA if it isn't there to help you???

I'm about to throw in the towel and say screw it.. just not go to the doctors anymore... just not give a flying F... I don't know what else to do.. I am so emotional today... my legs up to my belly button are tingly and driving me nuts but I can't go to the damn doc because I don't have insurance and I had tried to apply for medicaid and left a couple messages for them to have my interview with them. Did they ever call me back? NOOO...

What is a person to do to get some effing health care coverage in the country??

I would file for diability... but I have to go to the doctors to do that... lol... it a freaking catch 22...

Does anyone know what the heck I can do?? I am so frustrated and so annoyed and scared too.... My legs keep getting worse... I need to go to the doc... no way i can tho.....

Its all very frustrating. I know some drs have programs that it could be free just depending on income. My husband lost his job in January and I went without insurance for several months until I fought tenncare and finally was approved. I don't know what they expect people to do. It is very frustrating I haven't been to the doctor since January until just last week although I have been needing to go but if you have no money what is one to do. Hugs and I hope you are able to find a solution soon although with todays economy it is near impossible.
coletaterbug is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chazen18 (04-16-2009)