View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizabeth View Post
I forgot to say, I was diagnosed at age 44 but I recall having symptoms way back into my childhood.

I hope your symptoms will let up. I hate it when young people get diagnosed. We are here for you though and don't hesitate to ask for help or just vent if you need to.
I do have a few memories of muscle twitches in my legs and arm when I was younger. I'd be sitting there, and a muscle would start to twitch for a few seconds and then it'd quit. I remember that happening a few times in grade school (5th grade or older probably)

and I remember weird aches and pains, and not being able to keep up with anyone in gym class, but I have no way of knowing if that was an early MS thing or just the fact that I was never athletic and was kind of lazy at gym anyways.

There was also a time when I was probably in 3rd or 4th grade where anytime I rode in a car, I would get dizzy...that went on for at least a few weeks. We didnt have a seatbelt law then, and I was laying on the floor of my parents lime-green Volkswagon Bus (where the first line of defense in a front end collision would be your kneecaps) If I sat up in that car, I would get so dizzy I wanted to throw up. We had that car for at least 3 years and the dizziness only happened for a few weeks one time.

It's memories like those that make me wonder if I've had MS longer than I think I have. I have no way of knowing for sure, so I dont even tell the doctors about those events. Plus, I've noticed when you try to give them too much information, their eyes seem to glaze over and they get a bit catatonic while you're talking to them.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ras1256 (04-16-2009)