Thread: ages??`
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 12:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
I do have a few memories of muscle twitches in my legs and arm when I was younger. I'd be sitting there, and a muscle would start to twitch for a few seconds and then it'd quit. I remember that happening a few times in grade school (5th grade or older probably)

and I remember weird aches and pains, and not being able to keep up with anyone in gym class, but I have no way of knowing if that was an early MS thing or just the fact that I was never athletic and was kind of lazy at gym anyways.

There was also a time when I was probably in 3rd or 4th grade where anytime I rode in a car, I would get dizzy...that went on for at least a few weeks. We didnt have a seatbelt law then, and I was laying on the floor of my parents lime-green Volkswagon Bus (where the first line of defense in a front end collision would be your kneecaps) If I sat up in that car, I would get so dizzy I wanted to throw up. We had that car for at least 3 years and the dizziness only happened for a few weeks one time.

It's memories like those that make me wonder if I've had MS longer than I think I have. I have no way of knowing for sure, so I dont even tell the doctors about those events. Plus, I've noticed when you try to give them too much information, their eyes seem to glaze over and they get a bit catatonic while you're talking to them.
Hey Erin524 - I LOVE your last line. What a PERFECT description. I haven't been dx'd yet formally, but they've been trying for MS on me for 14 years off and on - 3 major flares of whatever this is - maybe third time will be a charm and I'll find out the answer this time for sure. I have had sx's since way before the first bout in '96, but as so many have said here, just ignored them. When I take my med history in, I've gotten that glazed look, but the neuro that dx'd my Myasthenia Gravis told me to never leave anything out because it might be an important link, so I just keep getting the look. HA.

I'm 52 now, by the way Chazen. I too am very sorry that you are having such a hard time at such a young age. I was blessed that my big problems didn't occur until my kids were in the late teens.
Chazen18 (04-16-2009), SallyC (04-16-2009)