Thread: ages??`
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 12:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default RE: Disability.

This has more to do with your other post about insurance frustrations, but you mentioned disability here as well, so I thought I'd let you know here.

You don't need to go to your doctor to apply for disability. You can call social security or start the application on line. You give them the information and they will track it down. Applying as soon as you are disabled is important because it takes them a while to process everything (4-6 mos) and then you have a waiting period of 5 months from the date of disability as they determine it before any payments come in.

You can call 800-772-1213 to get the ap started and they can set up an interview at a local office for you, either in person or by phone.

Best of luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazen18 View Post
Thank you all for the info! I appreciate it! I guess I am a young'un.. lol but I guess its a great thing for me because I know I have some experienced MS'ers to fall back on if I'm lost!!!

It's hard being 26 and having to wear diapers and struggle to walk and stuff... I am really having a hard time with it lately... Thank god for the pull up underwear though!

My big embarrassment when I was working was having to call into work late because I pooped myself while driving there (6 times...). That was horrible and degrading!! I keep going back and forth and the more I think about it, and as bad as I have felt the last couple days... I think I am going to have to look seriously into disability...

Hard to hold a job if you cant hold your bodily functions! lol
Chazen18 (04-16-2009)