View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 01:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Smitty, I am really a newbie and am still figuring out how to navigate this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty1 View Post
Other than severe dry eye my main problem is peripheral neuropathy (hands and feet). In general the pain is mild and tolerable. However if I type or write or do repetitive tasks, I immediately get intense burning pain in my hands and fingers and at the same time a very cold feeling. This is a significant disability for me as writing and typing are critical for my career. I have seen many doctors and have had many tests and all of the test have been negative. The doctors think that Sjogren's is the best explanation at the moment and think it may be helpful for me to see someone who specializes in it. I know that Johns Hopkins and the Mayo Clinic have doctors who specialize at the intersection of neurology and sicca syndrome / sjogren's. So,

1. for people who have been to these clinics or other renowned clinics for neuropathy, was it worth while? I don't want to spend the time and money if they're just going to give me lyrica and tramadol ( which I've already tried) and send me back. Are are there other treatments or drugs for neuropathy that people have found helpful?

2. For those who have tried prednisone or a plaquenil did it help with neuropathy / neurological problems?

Feel free to PM me. Thanks!
How do I send you a reply?
My husband has the exact symptoms you have!
I am hyperventilating to have found someone else in the world with Sjogrens and PAD1
Help!

chris (wife)
Chris Donato is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote