View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 07:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have had 2 implanted. the first one the battery was in my butt, and started moving. Somehow the leads ripped out of my spine. Had that one removed and at the same time had another one implanted. That lasted 3wks until I developed a MRSA infection and it had to be taken out during an emergency surgery. I only had rsd in both feet and legs, now I have it throughout my back and it is moving into both shoulders. I am looking into a pump. I really think the pump is a smarter way to go. (IMHO). I was still taking pain meds with the scs. So I had all the grogginess and sleepiness that goes with it. With the pain pump such a small amt of drugs is in your system, that it never has to go thru the body. there fore you tend to be bright eye and bushy tailed. It has the same long long recovery as the scs. It is also harder to find a dr that will put the pump in. I'm not a dr. and please research on your own, and remember, these are only our personal opinions and experiences. Always go with the trial and see what kind of relief you get. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Hugs
Mary
llrn7470 (04-16-2009)