View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 10:11 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

First of all, I think lil' monkey did the right thing. There is a difference between a snitch and someone who is doing the right thing. We tried to teach the grand moisses that when they were here and will keep on working on that. MAJOR difference: Snitch vs. Justice/right thing

so kudos to lil-monkey for having the COURAGE to step up. It is very hard to do the right thing sometimes. LOTS OF Cajones (excuse the language, but it's true).

What I worry about bullying these days is not just the physical bullying but what one can do on the internet. IF these gangs of girls decided to twitter/my space/face book lil-monkey and defame/degrade her in anyway, tell her to not to get upset about it and report it asap.

It's a long way from being thrown rocks at on the railroad tracks where my brother and I were teased on our way home walking on the railroad tracks and having rocks thrown at us for being "different" especially with me and my tics. My brother suffered a lot because of me...

sometimes, depending on the bully, it is to confront them and kill them with your kindness. But that doesn't always work. But glad to see and know that lil-monkey has a net of support group and network of friends...stick to your true friends, lil-one and you'll be OK...and that your parents support you, that is what is important

in this case, you can also think of the bullying girl, that her parents probably doesn't care about her and are probably bullies themselves and that she was probably bullied at home by her parents of her siblings and that she can only redirect that by bullying others...not that it makes it right but hopefully will bring you some solace. (It is NOT your job to change her, though. So don't feel bad in that respect. But if the opportunity does arise, it wouldn't surprise me, lil-one that you would be the first to accept her and be there for her...just my instinct as your uncle moikey. )

of course, you've got the cowboy hat riding sistas in this here them forum that I, myself, wouldn't dare mess with as well as a pus eyed aunt that will come scare them to kingdom come (or burger king...LOL)

and be true to yourself, lil-monkey. I am so proud of you for doing the right thing...I would've been scared at your age. Not sure what I'd done back then. Now, I would, but not sure back then, so once again. I am just very in awe of how brave you are.

As for the choir director going. I am not sure if that's a plus or negative. You could end up with someone worse. And it takes time to adjust and for some people to wake up and care, kinda like Mr. Holland (Opus)

I think if you are truly passionate about it, stick with it. If not, I don't think it'll hurt you for not participating in choirs anymore. There are other ways to participate in choirs. Local plays, churches, even amateur choirs could be something to look into with your already very busy schedule...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

the case about that boy that committed suicide...I cried a bucket of tears when I saw the news and my heart ached for him...

WE MUST COME UP WITH NEW WAYS TO DEAL WITH BULLYING in our schools...we MUST...

there always are a lot of talks but there have to be ways....

I am not sure ISS works a lot of the times. I've seen bullies gotten worse. Not saying it doesn't work for some of the bully wanna be's...but the true bullies..those that don't have anything to lose...they are the ones that need to be dealt with in another way...

we have too little alternative schools to send all the bullies to and there is another issue...

the bullies' parents...I find them to usually be bullies themselves...

how do we solve this problem so these bullies don't create future bullying...

how do we teach our kids to NOT call other kids names because they are different???

It bugs heckit out of me now that we are going to have KIDS...

~~~~~~~~~

to all that have been bullied before...

that's why I took up weight lifting and martial arts...LOLOL

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (04-16-2009), Curious (04-16-2009), Koala77 (04-16-2009), mistiis (04-16-2009), Wren (04-16-2009)