View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintSoBad View Post
And, yes, like Debbie said, the triangle becomes misshapen.
Sometimes, so badly it's like a bouncing ball!

The weather, the next phone call, (the last phone call), what's gonna happen? And, on and on.
I find that my faith in God comforts me.
I know that I'm weak, in a society of sharks who devour weaklings.

Sometimes the weather kicks our tails. Sometimes, it's our emotions, our worry of this, or that.

I have just learned these things along the way, and most of all,
It's great to have a place like this to come to! And, have friends like you, all around,
who "GET IT"!
ITA.

I somehow don't handle stress well anymore, it kind of triggers everything that's bad about my RSD and enhances it multiple times. I don't cope as well, is what I'm trying to say.

The stress can be all sorts, a weather change, a letter in the mail that freakes me out, a phone call, people saying the wrong things to me. It sends my heart in overdrive and I sort of panic.

Whether or not that is because of late stage RSD, I don't know. I do know that I never used to react to stress like that. I was like a stress fortress. Really bad things (not just a letter or a call) never freaked me out before. I was a rock. I don't know where it comes from, it's so atypical for me. And a letter or a phone call, I think to myself, who freakes out over that, well I do.

Sometimes I handle things just a little bit better, but... It's really strange to me, this kind of reaction. And still, I have it.

Anyone recognize this?

Most days, I can't stand to handle anything more than the RSD pain (and even that is hard)!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (04-16-2009)