View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 10:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you for the replies.

I went to the neurosurgeon yesterday and he didn't seem too concerned about anything. It was confusing though. He said in one breath that my shunt was still pumping and in the next breath, he said my shunt is not working at all.

Even with all of the symptoms I gave him, he did not really do anything. He wants me to have another CT scan in one month and than go see him again so he can compare the two.

My dad seems to think that he is being overly cautious about opening up my head and based on the info I have read on the internet, it seems they usually do not operate right away. They seem to monitor it first to see if it is the shunt or not (though my CT report said I had mild hydrocephalus that should not be there).

So I am left now to deal with the headaches and try to return to work. I can't be off another month, plus more time if he decides to operate after that. I am back on Tylenol 3's again and they seem to help, but don't kill the headache completely.

We shall see how it goes. If it gets worse, I will go back to ER right away and not take any chances.
theweave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote