View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 03:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccglutenfree View Post
Do we all get diarrhea with our periods? I do . Always.

White flecks in the nails and stretch marks are supposed to associated with zinc deficiency. My daughter, thin, had all sorts of stretch marks at the tender age of about 12. So...that stood out for me when I heard zinc defiency could cause that. Otherwise, it made no sense!

Cara
Most people never believe me when I try to tell them that stretch marks are a sign of a zinc deficiency. That Strivectin stuff goes for $70 or $80 and a zinc supplement is a fraction of that price. I had stretch marks too as a teenager and my weight did not change then. Some people don't want to beleive that stretch marks are NOT GENETIC but can be treated pretty inexpensively. Some women will swear that rubbing cocoa butter into their abs during pregnancy is what prevented them from getting stretch marks. That is just another example of some misinformation out there.

I used to get some minor GI problems when my period started. Now, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does I take it as an indication that my copper and zinc are not balanced as well as they should be. Of course it could be something else too; but for any problems I try to listen to my body and try to correct the problem. Sometimes it can be a pain to have these symptoms pop up from time to time, but they can provide useful feedback that my nutritional supplements may need a minor tweaking.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote