View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 11:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Beth is 10 and has be GF for 2 years. Samantha is 6 1/2 and has been GF since 2 1/2. Samantha used to be easy. If I did not give it to her, she would not eat it. She had not had most of what others were eating anyway since we were organic eaters before. So, she had never had Oreos, rice crispies, etc. Lately, it is harder. She wants more to be like her friends. This is odd for her. She usually does not want to fit in. I think there is the influence of one friend that I may request she be separated from next school year. Plus, since being GF for so long, her symptoms are virtually none at this point with little exposures. She was getting a DH like rash on her face but that has stopped.

Beth is harder. She was in school when she went GF and her symptoms are neurological. She knows what she is missing and doesn't mind being b*tchy to us. She claims she feels ok. So, she cheats some.

I am having to have them more reponsible for themselves before I am ready. I work fulltime and due to the B12 thing I am still working on, I am exhausted all the time. And, unfortunately, some of the people who are "helping" me out, seem to think cheating sometimes is OK. (I am dreading my talk with my mom today - YooHoos and cookies for snack yesterday, not GF cookies.) So, now I am coaching the girls to not only ask if it is GF, but can they read the ingredients or have them read to them (Samantha does not read yet.) Someone assumed corn crackers at Panera were Ok since they were corn.

Sorry, I am trying not to rant. But, because of my less than perfect health right now and the fact that I cannot possibly control their diets like I used to, the girls are having to step up to the plate. It is not going as well as I would like it to. Both girls want to cheat sometimes. I am trying to point out that more than likely, I feel like I do because of gluten and dairy. They are getting it. Now to make caregivers Get IT!

Michelle
MotherMoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote